Who We Are
The Institute of Internal Auditors is the leading body representing internal auditors. Globally, the Institute represents more than 187,000 members in 190 countries.
The IIA-Australia has a connection of nearly 7,000 professionals inclusive of 3,000 members Australia-wide. Governed by a Board and supported by a national office, the Institute’s activities include the following:
- Providing standards, guidance and information on internal auditing best practices
- Providing higher education, professional development activities and certification
- Bringing together internal auditors to share information and experiences in internal auditing
- Upholding standards by undertaking quality assurance services
- Advocating, promoting and publicising the profession to industry professionals, universities, government, public and private sectors.
- Contributing to the global profession with representation on international committees and the global board.
The IIA’s Global Headquarters is located in Florida, USA. The first Australian chapter was established in Sydney in 1952 with chapters in Melbourne, Canberra and Brisbane following. In 1986 the Australian chapters successfully petitioned the global organisation to become a national institute.