The IIA–Australia is uniquely positioned to provide independent External Assessment services to Chief Audit Executives, Audit Committees and Chief Executive Officers in both corporate organisations and the public sector.
The IIA–Australia is well-placed to assist clients requiring a review of their Internal Audit function. It is independent, has an international standing and profile, has a proven methodology specific to internal auditing, and access to benchmarks and best practice guides.
The IIA–Australia is the leading provider of External Assessment services in Australia.
Our key points of difference are:
- The IIA-Australia prides itself on its clear independence. The IIA–Australia does not provide other types of internal audit services other than training, and thus can be seen to have no conflicts of interest in terms of a review of an organisation’s Internal Audit function.
- The IIA–Australia has been performing External Assessments in Australia since 2002 and all our assessors are hand-picked internal audit experts who have held senior Internal Audit management positions.
- As part of IIA–Global, the IIA–Australia has access to a wide network of highly skilled and experienced Internal Audit practitioners extensively supported by global networks and leading edge research.
- The IIA–Australia offers External Assessment services as a fixed price arrangement and completes reviews within the prescribed timeframe and cost
- Our client surveys boast an average score of 98% and many Chief Audit Executives say they wish they had arranged the External Assessment earlier.
- The IIA–Australia receives extremely positive feedback for its External Assessment service as the following table shows:
| Stakeholder Feedback Area |
|Average Rating |
|The review covered the agreed objectives ||98% |
|The review was completed in a timely way ||100% |
|The disruption of our daily activities was minimised ||98% |
|The consultant demonstrated technical proficiency ||98% |
|The consultant was constructive, courteous and professional ||98% |
|The report was objective, accurate and solution–focused ||98% |
|The report was of a good standard and quality presentation |
|The report was delivered in a timely way |
|The review has potential to add value to our organisation |
|IIA administration and co–ordination was timely and efficient |
|Overall, how do you rate our service ||98% |
Some recent examples of what our clients have said about our Quality Assessment service:
- “A very good experience and value added to our audit and risk functions.”
- “This was our first external assessment and it was a very helpful and constructive exercise. The consultant has great technical knowledge, while also holding a commercial view. It gave great comfort to our Executives and Audit Committee that our Internal Audit function has been appropriately assessed and is performing well. I would recommend it to other organisations.”
- "The consultants have exceptional backgrounds to undertake this activity. Their knowledge allowed this engagement to have strong support from the Internal Audit team, Audit Committee and management. A special thank you for going the extra mile to make sure we got the most out of the engagement. The willingness to share experience and provide advice along the way was greatly appreciated and a real credit to the IIA."
- "Both consultants were courteous and professional at all times. We appreciate the time and resources they made available to us (particularly in relation to assurance mapping), which exceeded our expectations and will assist us in continuing to improve our internal audit program."
- "The assessment was of great value to us. The approach was collaborative, flexible and catered to our needs. Practical solutions (including tools and templates) were provided to assist in enhancing key audit processes. The recommendations were fit-for-purpose and provided a pragmatic approach to implementation.”
- “I would like to commend the IIA–Australia on the exceptional service provided in conducting the Independent Validation of our Quality Self–Assessment of the Internal Audit function. The consultant was very professional and extremely helpful throughout the entire process.”
- “The consultant undertook the review and stakeholder engagement in a professional manner. He was easy to deal with and very communicative.”
- “The consultant’s approach in performing the assessment was professional and his advice on how we can improve the Internal Audit function very valuable. Our Executive Management appreciated his extensive knowledge, approach and advice.”
- “The consultant carried out the review with great professionalism and was adaptable to our competing business needs. The report provided good practical insights for us to improve the Internal Audit function. He also provided added value with templates and information to assist us.”
- “The consultants were very constructive in the lead up to this exercise which provided our self-assessment with greater focus which was of benefit to us. The consultant was very open and constructive in his approach and did work out of hours to ensure this review was conducted in a timely way. The report has provided us with good better practice recommendations to improve our performance and is appreciated.”
- “The consultants were professional at all times and commercial in their review of our Internal Audit function. They were efficient, outlining expectations up front so we could prepare and make their time on the ground as productive as possible. We were most impressed by the turnaround times for the final report. We would have no hesitation in recommending the IIA to complete an independent review of a self-assessment.”
- “It was a pleasure working with the consultant on the external quality review.”
- “I would like to thank you for your guidance and the benefit we gained from your extensive knowledge and experience. It was a very valuable and worthwhile process and was made even easier by the suite of tools you provided.”
- “The consultant listened and provided useful examples of how to address issues.”
- “The report was very user friendly, and recommendations/suggestions for improvement were practical, appropriate and achievable.”
Looking to find out more about Quality, contact:
Andrew Cox PFIIA CIA CGAP
Manager, Quality Services
Address: Level 7, 133 Castlereagh Street, Sydney NSW 2000
T: +61 2 9267 9155
M: 04 21 915 354
Toll Free: 1800 236 366 (outside Sydney)