« All Events
Webinar recording: The Role of Internal Audit in Supporting a Successful ESG Framework
October 23, 2023 @ 12:30 pm - October 20, 2024 @ 1:30 pm AEDT Free - $65.00
Are you looking to enhance your understanding of the obligations of ESG reporting and the evolving role of risk and assurance in the ESG landscape?
In today’s rapidly changing business landscape, Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) considerations have moved to the forefront of corporate governance. Boards and senior executives are now faced with the critical task of understanding and effectively managing ESG factors to meet evolving regulatory obligations and protect their organisations’ legal and reputational standing. This webinar is designed to provide valuable insights into key aspects of ESG governance, from board oversight obligations to evolving regulatory requirements, legal and reputation risks, and the vital role of risk and assurance functions in supporting your organisation’s ESG journey.
- Understanding ESG and the Board’s oversight obligations
- Evolving regulatory obligations on ESG reporting
- Legal and reputation risks, including greenwashing
- The current and evolving role of risk and assurance functions in supporting their organisations.
Who should attend:
- Board Members and Directors
- CEOs and Senior Executives
- Risk and Compliance Officers
- Sustainability and ESG Professionals
- Anyone interested in staying ahead in the ESG governance landscape.
CPD Points awarded: 1
Presenter: Alex Markovski, Chief Risk Officer, Chief Audit Executive and Corporate Governance Specialist
Alex is a results-driven senior executive with over 25 years of experience in the design and delivery of professional risk, risk financing, governance and assurance services in large, highly complex global companies. He is a strategic and transformational leader trusted by boards and C-suite executives to influence strategic vision, drive business results and implement change. Over the course of his career, he has worked across the mining, supply chain and manufacturing industries where he has:
- Partnered with boards and executive teams to deliver strategic growth and business objectives;
- Improved business resilience through contemporary integrated risk and assurance practices; and
- Championed the development of inclusive high-performing teams of future leaders.
He has collaborated with sustainability teams on climate-related disclosures and has led risk and assurance work across Environmental, Social and Governance areas. Most recently, this has included leading risk analysis efforts and undertaking project management audits across a major decarbonisation program in the mining industry.